Gifted students exhibit several common characteristics, as outlined in the following list. As in the case of learning disabled students, giftedness usually means a combination of factors in varying degrees and amounts. A gifted student …
- Has a high level of curiosity.
- Has a well-developed imagination.
- Often gives uncommon responses to common queries.
- Can remember and retain a great deal of information.
- Can not only pose original solutions to common problems but can also pose original problems, too.
- Has the ability to concentrate on a problem or issue for extended periods of time.
- Is capable of comprehending complex concepts.
- Is well organized.
- Is excited about learning new facts and concepts.
- Is often an independent learner.