1. Fine Motor Skills
2. Hand-Eye Coordination (visual motor skills)
3. Bilateral Coordination (using both hands at 1 time)
4. Pre-writing skills
6. Self-help skills (survival)
7. Sensory Processing
Dear Parents, please encourage your children to use child-friendly scissors at home, of course with close supervision by an adult/s.
Dear Teachers, encourage this at schools, but do not limit the time. As long as they are focusing on cutting or snipping, let them EXPLORE!
Stages of cutting:
1. Simply snipping away.. (as long as they can hold the scissors and snip snip it)
2. Cutting straight lines (age 4)
3. Cutting shapes (usually age 4 and above)
4. Complex cutting (usually age 5 and above)
Use different materials for them to explore:
1. thin paper
3. thick paper / board
Make sure both thumbs are up while cutting.
Thumbs are up while holding the scissors.
Thumbs are up while holding the materials.
Have fun SNIPPING!!
xsabar nak main-main aktiviti ni..